The main purpose of the scheme is to facilitate cultural and educational exchange between Hong Kong and participating countries.
Participating countries include South Korea, Australia, Canada, New Zealand, Japan, Germany and Ireland and applicants must be aged between 18 and 30.
The normal processing time of a working holiday visa is 4 weeks from the date of submission.
There will be an annual quota (Note 1, Annex) for nationals of each participating country and qualified applications will be approved on a first-come first-served basis
Countries that have bilateral Working Holiday Scheme agreement with the HKSAR (as at 21 May 2015)
Our Services Include
1. Can I work for the same employer for the whole duration of my working holiday?
No, you must change jobs every 6 months (sometimes less).
2.Do I have to work on a working holiday visa?
No, you do not have to work on your working holiday visa.
3. I am 31 years old. Can I apply for working holiday?
No, you are only eligible to apply for a working holiday visa between the ages of 18 and 30.
4. Can I extend my working holiday visa?
No, you must change to another visa if you wish to extend your stay.
5. Can I bring dependents on a working holiday visa?
No, dependent visas are not issued with a working holiday visa.
6. How long does it take to process working holiday visa?
No, all employment visa applications must be sponsored by a local sponsor company whom you will be engaged with them as a full time employee.
7. How long will the application process take?
The processing time after you have submitted all the documents is 2 weeks.
8. If I am holding a Mainland Chinese passport, can I apply for working holiday in Hong Kong?
No, only citizens of Australia, Austria, Canada, France, Germany, Ireland, Japan, Korea, New Zealand and UK may apply for a working holiday visa in Hong Kong.