Working Holiday Visa

The main purpose of the scheme is to facilitate cultural and educational exchange between Hong Kong and participating countries.

Participating countries include South Korea, Australia, Canada, New Zealand, Japan, Germany and Ireland and applicants must be aged between 18 and 30.
The normal processing time of a working holiday visa is 4 weeks from the date of submission.

There will be an annual quota (Note 1, Annex) for nationals of each participating country and qualified applications will be approved on a first-come first-served basis

Countries that have bilateral Working Holiday Scheme agreement with the HKSAR (as at 21 May 2015)

  • Australia (annual quota = 5000)
  • Austria (annual quota = 100)
  • Canada (annual quota = 200)
  • France (annual quota = 400)
  • Germany (annual quota = 300)
  • Ireland (annual quota = 100)
  • Japan (annual quota = 250)
  • Korea (Republic of) (annual quota = 500)
  • New Zealand (annual quota = 400)
  • United Kingdom (annual quota = 1000)

 Our Services Include

  • Consulting on documents required for your work visa application.
  • Preparing a specially tailored document checklist for you and your employer.
  • Completing all necessary Hong Kong Immigration forms for you.
  • Reviewing and organizing your documents in favor of immigration policy.
  • Submitting your application to the Immigration Department.
  • Replying on your behalf to all enquiries and correspondence from Immigration.
  • Preparing and drafting all letters required for submission to Immigration.
  • Monitoring the application process.
  • Keeping you updated on the status of your application.
  • Having the visa endorsed on your passport and delivered to you.


- Your Hong Kong visa application process normally takes 4 to 6 weeks.


- Your initial Hong Kong visa once obtained is valid for a maximum of 12 months.

 Applicant Requirements

A national of the participating country meeting the following eligibility criteria may be granted a Working Holiday visa for participating in the Scheme.
he / she holds a valid national passport issued by the participating country and is ordinarily residing in that participating country.
his / her primary intention is to holiday in Hong Kong.

  • He / she is aged between 18 and 30.
  • He / she is able to produce financial proof of having an amount sufficient for his / her maintenance during his / her proposed stay in the HKSAR, eg bank statement, saving accounts passbooks, etc .
  • He / she holds a return air ticket or financial proof of having sufficient funds to purchase a return air ticket.
  • He / she agrees to hold medical, healthcare (including hospitalisation), repatriation and liability insurance to remain in force throughout his / her stay in the HKSAR.

 Documents Requirements

  • An application form ID(E) 940 with your signature.
  • Copy of your passport (your personal particulars page).
  • Financial proof of having sufficient fund of living while you are in Hong Kong.
  • Copy of air ticket.

 1. Can I work for the same employer for the whole duration of my working holiday?
No, you must change jobs every 6 months (sometimes less).

 2.Do I have to work on a working holiday visa?​
No, you do not have to work on your working holiday visa.

 3. I am 31 years old. Can I apply for working holiday?
 No, you are only eligible to apply for a working holiday visa between the ages of 18 and 30.

 4. Can I extend my working holiday visa?
No, you must change to another visa if you wish to extend your stay.

 5. Can I bring dependents on a working holiday visa?
No, dependent visas are not issued with a working holiday visa.

 6. How long does it take to process working holiday visa?
No, all employment visa applications must be sponsored by a local sponsor company whom you will be engaged with them as a full time employee.

 7. How long will the application process take?
The processing time after you have submitted all the documents is 2 weeks.

 8. If I am holding a Mainland Chinese passport, can I apply for working holiday in Hong Kong?
No, only citizens of Australia, Austria, Canada, France, Germany, Ireland, Japan, Korea, New Zealand and UK may apply for a working holiday visa in Hong Kong.